What does follow up mean?
Table of Contents
- What does follow up mean?
- What is a follow up message?
- How do you say follow up in an email?
- When to use follow up or follow up?
- How do you politely follow up in an email?
- How do you write a follow up email?
- How do you follow up something?
- Why is follow up important?
- What is the meaning of following up?
- What is the plural of follow-up?
- How do you use follow up in a sentence?
- Does follow up have a hyphen?
What does follow up mean?
1 : to try to get more information about (something) The police followed up on the leads. 2 : to do something in response to (something) : to take appropriate action about (something) He says that the police failed to follow up on his complaints.
What is a follow up message?
A follow-up email is an email or sequence of emails sent in response to the actions of subscribers. It stimulates them to choose a paid plan instead of a free trial, set up a meeting for B2B, leave feedback, buy another product on an e-commerce website, etc.
How do you say follow up in an email?
You could try:
- “I'm following up on the below” or “Following up on this [request/question/assignment]”
- “I'm circling back on the below” or “Circling back on this [request/question/assignment]”
- “I'm checking in on the below” or “Checking in on this [request/question/assignment]”
When to use follow up or follow up?
Is it follow up or follow-up? Follow up is a verb phrase that means to pursue or to check on something. Follow-up is a noun or an adjective that refers to a continuation or review. Follow up is a verb.
How do you politely follow up in an email?
Be polite by asking if they've looked it over rather than accuse or point out that you haven't received it yet. Add value by giving them context for the urgency if needed or urgency about the next steps. Finish with a call to action so they know what you want them to do and why it's important.
How do you write a follow up email?
Openers you might want to try include:
- I just wanted to follow up on the email I sent last [day of the week email was sent] about [subject of email].
- I just wanted to follow up to see what you thought about [subject of email].
- Hope this doesn't sound weird, but I saw that you read my previous email.
How do you follow up something?
Here are some key things to keep in mind when you reach out to someone for the second (or third, or fourth) time.
- Have a compelling subject line. ...
- Be mindful of your tone. ...
- Keep it short and use simple language. ...
- Make a clear ask. ...
- Give them an out. ...
- Be judiciously persistent.
Why is follow up important?
A regular follow up always gives customers a chance to be heard and engage effectively. Follow-ups can be a great source to ask customers, “What they want/expect next.” Customers usually want a medium to get in touch with the company. Therefore, the follow-up system enhances this communication.
What is the meaning of following up?
- Definition of follow-up. 2 : maintenance of contact with or reexamination of a person (such as a patient) especially following treatment The surgeon scheduled a follow-up with his patient a week after the surgery.
What is the plural of follow-up?
- follow-up (plural follow-ups) A subsidiary action taken as the result of an event. (Internet) A posted message on a newsgroup, etc. in reply to a previous one.
How do you use follow up in a sentence?
- Use 'follow up' in a Sentence. After the extremely poor scores on the company's inspection, a follow up visit was completely mandatory and issued by the CEO himself.
Does follow up have a hyphen?
- Follow -up has a hyphen because it can act as either a compound noun or adjective. It describes a subsequent activity, usually an appointment or interview. Follow up has no hyphen because it is a phrasal verb.