Is Zoloft safe for animals?
Table of Contents
- Is Zoloft safe for animals?
- Are there antidepressants for animals?
- Does Zoloft turn you into a zombie?
- Can dogs take Zoloft?
- What happens if my dog eats my Zoloft?
- Is Zoloft poisonous to cats?
- Can you get antidepressants for cats?
- What do they give dogs for depression?
- Does zoloft make you apathetic?
- Where can I get a prescription for Zoloft?
- What kind of conditions can you treat with Zoloft?
- When to talk to your doctor about Zoloft?
- Is it OK to mix Zoloft with food?
Is Zoloft safe for animals?
The drug should only be used if absolutely necessary in geriatric animals and in those with liver disease. It is not for use in pregnant or lactating animals.
Are there antidepressants for animals?
Fluoxetine (brand names: Prozac®, Reconcile®, Sarafem®) is an SSRI antidepressant used to treat a variety of behavioral disorders in dogs and cats. The FDA approved form for dogs is labeled to treat separation anxiety.
Does Zoloft turn you into a zombie?
Antidepressants won't make you a “zombie.” Again, the goal is to help you enjoy your life, not to numb you. “If somebody feels in a daze or zombielike, that can mean the medication is too high, and we need to lower the dose,” Dr.
Can dogs take Zoloft?
Currently, fluoxetine is the only SSRI approved for use in dogs with separation anxiety. It is commonly prescribed in its generic form and is also available by the brand name Reconcile®. Other SSRIs are frequently used off-label for dogs include paroxetine (Paxil®) and sertraline (Zoloft®).
What happens if my dog eats my Zoloft?
Within a short time of eating the tablets (usually 1-2 hours) your dog may start vomiting or become agitated. Often you will notice some changes in your pet's behaviour – your usually happy dog could suddenly seem quieter than normal or may vocalise (cry or howl) more.
Is Zoloft poisonous to cats?
Other common antidepressants include brands such as Prozac, Zoloft, and Cymbalta – all which can be quite poisonous to cats. For some unusual reason, cats seem to be drawn to the smell or flavor of Effexor, making it appealing to them. While most cats are difficult to pill, they electively eat this one on their own!
Can you get antidepressants for cats?
Tricyclic Antidepressants The TCAs prescribed most for cats are amitriptyline (Elavil® or Tryptanol), clomipramine (Anafranil® or Clomicalm®), doxepin (Aponal®), imipramine (Antideprin or Deprenil), desipramine (Norpramin® or Pertofrane) and nortriptyline (Sensoval).
What do they give dogs for depression?
Medications for Dog Depression Karen Sueda, DVM, a diplomat of the American College of Veterinary Behaviorists, said medications for depressed dogs are the same as those used by depressed humans -- Paxil, Prozac, and Zoloft. She also uses Clomicalm, an FDA approved drug for the treatment of separation anxiety in dogs.
Does zoloft make you apathetic?
SSRI antidepressants are sometimes associated with something called emotional blunting. This can also include such symptoms as feeling indifferent or apathetic, being less able to cry and less able to experience the same degree of positive emotion as one normally would.
Where can I get a prescription for Zoloft?
- You can get a Zoloft prescription from an online doctor by clicking here, and booking an appointment with one of our board certified doctors. Zoloft for depression, anxiety, and other mental health conditions is prescription only, so you will need to speak with a doctor before obtaining any medication.
What kind of conditions can you treat with Zoloft?
- Zoloft and other SSRIs are commonly used to treat depression, anxiety, and other mental health conditions. Other conditions that a Zoloft prescription may be used to treat include premenstrual dysphoric disorder, panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder. Read: Get Antidepressant Medication Refills Online
When to talk to your doctor about Zoloft?
- ZOLOFT is a prescription medicine used to treat the following conditions in adults: ZOLOFT is also indicated to treat children with OCD age 6 to 17 years. It is important to talk with your doctor about the risks of treating depression and also the risks of not treating it. You should discuss all treatment choices with your doctor.
Is it OK to mix Zoloft with food?
- Take ZOLOFT exactly as prescribed. Your healthcare provider may need to change the dose of ZOLOFT until it is the right dose for you. ZOLOFT Tablets may be taken with or without food. ZOLOFT Oral Concentrate may look cloudy or hazy after mixing—this is normal.