What does the baby name Dalton mean?
Table of Contents
- What does the baby name Dalton mean?
- Is Dalton a popular name?
- What is the true meaning of the name Dalton?
- What does Dalton mean in the Bible?
- What kind of name is Dalton?
- Is Dalton an Italian name?
- Is Dalton a first name?
- Where does the Dalton name come from?
- Is Dalton Scottish or Irish?
- What does the name Delton mean?
- Where does the last name Dalton come from?
- What are some names that sound like Dalton?
- Who is the actress with the last name Dalton?
- Who is the hockey player with the name Dalton?
What does the baby name Dalton mean?
The name Dalton is primarily a male name of English origin that means From The Valley Town.
Is Dalton a popular name?
The height of Dalton's popularity was between 1994 and 2001 when it managed to eke out a spot on the Top 100 list of most favored boy names. In the past ten years, however, Dalton has been showing backwards momentum on the charts.
What is the true meaning of the name Dalton?
Dalton Origin and Meaning The name Dalton is a boy's name of English origin meaning "the settlement in the valley". ... The most well known bearer of the name is blacklisted screenwriter Dalton Trumbo, but there have been a number of high-profile fictional Daltons as well.
What does Dalton mean in the Bible?
The name's meaning is town in the valley, farmstead. Hebrew name for Satan meaning â€œDestructionâ€ . Meaning: The meaning of the name Dalton is: Town in the valley, The town near the valley. The elements are 'dael' which means dale, valley; 'tun' which means town, settlement, homestead.
What kind of name is Dalton?
English: habitational name from any of the various places, for example in Cumbria, County Durham, Lancashire, Northumberland, and Yorkshire, named Dalton, from Old English dæl 'valley' (see Dale) + tun 'enclosure', 'settlement'.
Is Dalton an Italian name?
Meaning valley town, Dalton is a name of English origin.
Is Dalton a first name?
Dalton is a masculine given name. Notable people with the name include: Dalton Bales, Ontario cabinet minister and lawyer.
Where does the Dalton name come from?
The ancient origin of the name Dalton was found in the irishsurnames.com archives. Meaning 'from the valley town', this name derives from a place in England called Alton and a Henry de Dalton, of Northumberland who was recorded in the 'Hundred Rolls' in the year 1273.
Is Dalton Scottish or Irish?
English and Irish (of Norman origin): habitational name for someone from Autun (d'Autun) in Seine-et-Loire, France. The place name derives from the Latin form Augustodunum, a compound of the imperial name Augustus + the Gaulish element dun 'hill', 'fort'.
What does the name Delton mean?
from the valley town Meaning:from the valley town; the settlement in the valley.
Where does the last name Dalton come from?
- The name Dalton is a boy's name of English origin meaning "the settlement in the valley". Dalton is a name with multi-faceted appeal. Many are attracted to the name's resemblance to other two-syllable n-ending favorites: Colton, Holden, and cousins. Others see it as a trendy Western name, recalling the legendary Dalton Brothers gang.
What are some names that sound like Dalton?
- In the past century Dalton has mostly been a baby boy name. Baby names that sound like Dalton include Dalltyn, Daltin, Daltyn, Daultin, Daultyn, Deltan, Deltin, Delton, Deltyn, Doyltan, Doyltin, Doyltyn, Daletyn, Dalltin, Diya al din, Diya-al-Din, and Diya-al-din.
Who is the actress with the last name Dalton?
- Notable Persons With the Last Name Dalton. Abby Dalton is an actress. She was most prominent from 19. Abby was given the name Marlene Wasden on August 15th, 1932 in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
Who is the hockey player with the name Dalton?
- Dalton was given the name James Dalton Trumbo on December 9th, 1905 in Montrose, Colorado, U.S. He died on September 10th, 1976. Dalton was born on March 4th, 1986 in Albany, New York, United States. Dalton Prout is a hockey player for the Columbus Blue Jackets in the National Hockey League. He was most active from 2011 to present.