Can IFS officer become ambassador?
Table of Contents
- Can IFS officer become ambassador?
- What is the salary of IFS officer ambassador?
- How many IFS officers are there in an embassy?
- What is the first posting of an IFS officer?
- How many IFS officers are posted abroad?
- Can IFS officer choose their place of posting?
- Which IFS officer has highest salary?
- How much does an IFS officer earn per month?
- Is it easy to become an IFS officer?
- What is the rank of an ambassador from IFS?
- Is the Indian Foreign Service like the IAS?
- What is the role of an IFS officer in India?
Can IFS officer become ambassador?
How to become an Ambassador of India (IFS)? Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Civil Services Exam and a candidate who desires to become an Ambassador of India then he/she has to take this exam. The Indian Foreign Service [IFS] is a Central Service and the chief diplomatic service in the country.
What is the salary of IFS officer ambassador?
IFS Salary – Grades of IFS Explained High Commissioner / Ambassador – An officer at this level join as Foreign Secretary and the salary is 26, 000 INR which is fixed with no grade pay.
How many IFS officers are there in an embassy?
Under strength. India has one of the most understaffed diplomatic forces of any major country in the world. Based on 2014 calculations there are about 2,700 "diplomatic rank" officers in overseas missions and at headquarters.
What is the first posting of an IFS officer?
An officer begins his career abroad as a Third Secretary and is promoted to Second Secretary as soon as he is confirmed in service. The next levels are First Secretary, Counsellor, Minister and Ambassador/ High Commissioner/ Permanent Representative.
How many IFS officers are posted abroad?
It is further learnt that except for Devesh Uttam who is posted in the country, the remaining seven IFS officers are posted abroad. It is a known fact that India's Foreign Service is woefully understaffed, with most Indian missions abroad having too few diplomats.
Can IFS officer choose their place of posting?
An IFS officer has to choose three places of his choice out of the number of vacant posts which are circulated. If he/she is lucky then he/she can get one of the three places of his/her choice. Foreign postings are decided by the Foreign Service Board which is headed by the Foreign Secretary.
Which IFS officer has highest salary?
The basic salary of an IFS officer is Rs 60,000 per month. But it can go as high as Rs 2.4 lakhs. It was also observed that the highest position one can attain is of the ambassador or the Foreign Secretary....Exclusive IFS Officer Salary in India 2021.
|Scale||Salary in Rupees|
|Cabinet Secretary||Around 90,000|
How much does an IFS officer earn per month?
The overall IFS salary is around 60,000 per month, including all the benefits and allowances. But this salary differs based on the candidate posting, i.e. if the selected candidate got his/her posting in foreign countries then he/she may receive a salary of 2.40 lakhs under the special foreign allowance.
Is it easy to become an IFS officer?
- Entry into the IFS is not easy. Not only you need a high rank in the UPSC civil services exam, but you will also find that the competition is stiffer for this field. This is because every year only 10-15 vacancies are available for the IFS. Successful IFS officers go on to become ambassadors and top diplomats in the foreign affairs ministry.
What is the rank of an ambassador from IFS?
- A Grade-1 Ambassador from the IFS is one who’s of the rank of Secretary to Government of India. A Grade-II Ambassador is of the rank of Additional Secretary, a Grade-III of the rank of Joint Secretary (Director General in other Foreign Ministries) and a Grade-IV is of the rank of Director (Counsellor).
Is the Indian Foreign Service like the IAS?
- The Indian Foreign Service (IFS) is a coveted service like the IAS in India. Entry into the IFS is not easy. Not only you need a high rank in the UPSC civil services exam, but you will also find that the competition is stiffer for this field.
What is the role of an IFS officer in India?
- An IFS officer should manage and maintain the diplomatic affairs, Trade and Culture Relations outside the country where they are named as a negotiating officer. He or should is responsible to frame and implementation of policies between India and the country where they are posted negotiating an agreement.