What are Michigan's zip codes?
Table of Contents
- What are Michigan's zip codes?
- What do the first 3 digits of a ZIP code mean?
- What are the 4 digits behind a zip code?
- Do all Michigan zip codes start with 48?
- How can I find a zip code?
- Who has the zip code 00001?
- What are ZIP codes based on?
- What are the three numbers after ZIP Code?
- What is the 3 digit number after ZIP Code?
- What is the ZIP code for the state of Michigan?
- How many digits are in an extended ZIP code?
- What is the ZIP code for Pearl Beach Michigan?
- What does it mean to have a ZIP code?
What are Michigan's zip codes?
Zip Codes in Michigan 2021
What do the first 3 digits of a ZIP code mean?
In general, the first three digits designate a sectional center facility, the mail sorting and distribution center for an area. A sectional center facility may have more than one three-digit code assigned to it.
What are the 4 digits behind a zip code?
The 9-digit ZIP Code consists of two sections. The first five digits indicate the destination post office or delivery area. The last 4 digits represent specific delivery routes within delivery areas. ZIP plus 4 codes assist the USPS in effectively sorting and distributing mail.
Do all Michigan zip codes start with 48?
All Michigan ZIP codes begin with either 48- or 49-. The three digit prefixes are each assigned to a sectional center facility (SCF), the processing and distribution center for the USPS.
How can I find a zip code?
USPS.com. To find a zip code with USPS.com, you need to fill in the fields with your USA street address, city, and state. Then click Find and you'll get your postal code.
Who has the zip code 00001?
While there isn't a coveted 00001 zip code hiding out anywhere in the U.S. (if there was we'd hope it was for the mailroom at the White House), there is most definitely a lowest number in use. Alas, the lowest zip code isn't a single digit or in possession of the Supreme Court or other such group.
What are ZIP codes based on?
As of 1963, zip codes' numbers are determined by a few factors: the area, the regional postal facility and the local zone. The first number of the five-digit code signifies the region which the address is located in, a number that grows from the east coast to the west.
What are the three numbers after ZIP Code?
USA ZIP Code Areas - Three-Digit represents the first three digits of a ZIP Code. The first digit of a five-digit ZIP Code divides the United States into 10 large groups of states numbered from 0 in the Northeast to 9 in the far West.
What is the 3 digit number after ZIP Code?
So, a three-digit zip code represents a regional area and is made up of several smaller five-digit zip codes.
What is the ZIP code for the state of Michigan?
- Postal ZIP codes beginning with 482 are located in the state of Michigan. ZIP code 482 is one of 920 three-digit ZIP Codes in the country. Many countries use similar postal zones to make the mail delivery more efficient, although they do not have ZIP Codes exactly.
How many digits are in an extended ZIP code?
- An extended ZIP + 4 code includes the five digits of the ZIP code, a hyphen, and four more digits that determine a more precise location within the ZIP code. The term ZIP Code was originally registered as a servicemark (a type of trademark) by the U.S. Postal Service but its registration has since expired.
What is the ZIP code for Pearl Beach Michigan?
- Zip Code List Zip Code - 480 in Michigan. Zip Code City County; 48001: Algonac: St. Clair County: 48001: Pearl Beach: St. Clair County
What does it mean to have a ZIP code?
- The ZIP code is the system of postal codes used by the United States Postal Service (USPS) to define locations when distributing mail. The letters ZIP is an acronym for Zone Improvement Plan, and this system was created so that the mail travels more efficiently, and therefore more quickly.