The Wine Tourism Day is brought to you by organizer Zephyr Adventures, operator of active wine vacations throughout the world, and a number of valued partners:
- LocalWineEvents.com: your best source for finding wine events the rest of the year
- Touring and Tasting Marketing & Media: the wine tourism magazine for North America
- Wine Industry Network: the wine industry’s business-to-business marketplace
- WineAmerica: the industry trade group for the wine industry
- Wine Tourism Conference: The industry meeting of wine tourism professionals
The idea for a Wine Tourism Day actually comes from Europe, where the European Network of Wine Cities has organized the European Day of Wine Tourism since 2009. Wine Tourism Day is designed to feature the many wineries offering events through North America, promote the concept of traveling to wine regions on vacation, and highlight the economic impact of wine tourism. Most of all it is about you, a lover of wine and travel, having fun.
In addition to running active wine tours, Zephyr Adventures also organizes the annual Wine Bloggers Conference and Wine Tourism Conference. It was at the 2012 Wine Tourism Conference the idea of a Wine Tourism Day was first discussed and agreed upon by the wine industry, in part by these wine and tourism associations representing many of the wineries in North America: